Have you found yourself lying awake for hours and hours? Tossing and turning, unable to get comfortable? Or overthinking that same problem night after night. Looking at the alarm clock and seeing only another hour has gone by, and then later not able to wake as it seems you have only just got off to sleep.
In the morning, do you find yourself crawling out of bed, perhaps getting the children up and dressed and off to school as you head off to work yourself? Feeling that you would rather be back under the duvet, asleep. Have you found this happening day in and day out and found it is affecting almost every part of your day?
Occasional lack of sleep leaves us feeling fuzzy, irritable and more irrational. However, Chronic Sleep Deprivation weakens our immune systems, upsets our relationship with food, interferes with our memory function and stops us thinking constructively. Quality sleep is important to health and happiness and plays a vital role in the maintenance of skills such as thinking and learning.
Over the next few months, I will be sharing tips that could help you get a much better night’s sleep.
This first one is how to use simple self-hypnosis for sleep
- Lying on your back, or sitting in a chair, look up at the ceiling and take in a deep breath in.
- Without straining your neck or tilting your head too far back, pick a point on the ceiling and focus your attention on that point.
- Keeping your eyes on that spot, soften your face, your eyes and your mouth
- Take a deep breath and hold it for a slow count of 3 and then a slow breath out to a slow count of 4 saying to yourself.
- “My eyes are tired and heavy and I want to SLEEP NOW”.
- Repeat this process to yourself another couple of times and, if your eyes have not already done so, let them close and relax in the closed position whenever they wish
- Do not let your eyes close too soon
- It is important that you say the suggestion,”My eyes are tired and heavy and I want to SLEEP NOW”, as if you really mean it, and in a gentle, soothing manner.
- Imagine you are talking to a young child.
- Or you could choose someone who has a soothing voice and hear their voice say the words to you.
- And you could imagine that you are walking through an old stone arch and you see a beautiful staircase.
- And as you slowly walk down this beautiful, wide staircase,
- One step
- And then another step ….
- And then another …..
- And as you look around you, you notice how much more relaxed your shoulders are becoming and then also your neck and scalp and eventually, your face, seem to follow your shoulders into that deep relaxation, so effortlessly that you hardly notice as they drift ever so gently into sleep …..
- And as you slowly start to get closer to the bottom, you can see another
- beautiful archway in front of you. And as you go through it, you enter into a beautiful, peaceful scene that is just right for you.
- Perhaps there is a lake or stream or even a waterfall – you choose
- And you can hear the sound of birds singing, as you watch the butterflies flitting from flower to flower
- And now the most peaceful beautiful swan just floats into view, with her head tucked under her wing, and just imagine now, being that swan, floating along in a state of pure peace and relaxation. Nothing to do but tuck you head under your wing and gently drift away …
- Deeper and deeper away – into a state of pure relaxation and sleep
More Blogs and FREE STUFF is available on my web site
If you would like to book an appointment for your FREE 20-minute telephone consultation call me now on 07792 447 331
Where to see me
In person appointments in Harrow and now also in Kings Cross
Some home visits
Online coaching with medical-grade security
Sue Gray Dip NLP Coach Clin Hyp, NLP Master MBIH (Lic) CIHMC